Mary Wilson, Reba & Mary Chapin Carpenter

Hey Everyone,

Decided to kinda wrap a few reviews together for some of the shows I saw in August.


First up, Mary Wilson in White Mills, PA on August 11 at the Wildflower Festival.  This was my 8th time seeing the "Supreme" Mary Wilson and she didn't disappoint.  The show took place outdoors in the middle of a wild life sanctuary and it was the most beautiful place for a Summer's night concert.  Mary looked fantastic and performed many of her hits from her Supremes days along with a few covers.  She closed out the evening with Donna Summer's "Last Dance" getting the audience up on it's feet.  Award, Mary came out and signed, took pictures with fans.  I gave her the book I made of her gown exhibit from last year's stop in Dallas, PA and she loved it.


Set List
--
Love Child
My World Is Empty Without You
Reflections
You Can’t Hurry Love
Come See About Me
Back In My Arms Again
Here's To Life
Fields of Gold
You Are So Beautiful
Bad Case of Loving You
Baby Love
Stop! In The Name of Love
You Keep Me Hanging On
Walk The Line
I Am Changing
Someday We’ll Be Together
Encore: I Can’t Get No Satisfaction
Brown Sugar
Last Dance








Next up was Reba's "All The Women I Am" Tour which made a stop at Cal Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen, MD on August 17.  My seats weren't the greatest, but I had a decent view.  This was my 4th time seeing Reba and the furthest back I've sat at one of her shows.  I had only found out about the show a few days beforehand.  It seemed to me an odd place for a concert, but nonetheless, it was Reba and an hr and a half from my house so I had to go.  Of course it poured down raining and stormed which delayed the start of the show til a little after 10pm.  Luckily for the fans, she didn't cut her set list and did her full show minus the costume change for "Fancy".   

Set List
--
All The Women I Am
Strange
The Fear of Being Alone
Somebody's Chelsea
The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
Is There Life Out There
Medley 1: Somebody/Til You Love Me/You Lie/And Still/Whoever's In New England
I Want a Cowboy
The Greatest Man I Never Knew
Nothing To Lose
Does He Love You
Consider Me Gone
Medley 2: The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter/Walk On/I'd Rather Ride Around With You/Can't Even Get The Blues
Because of You
I'm a Survivor
Take It Back/Why Haven't I Heard From YouTurn On The Radio
Fancy




 
The next night it was off to Vienna, VA just outside DC to see another great country music artist,  Mary Chapin Carpenter who was promoting her new album, "Ashes & Roses".  I've seen MCC 5 times now and she never disappoints.  Always a great, different set list.  Opening for MCC was Loudon Wainwright III, who is the father of Rufus, Martha & Lucy, all talented musicians in their own right.  His quirky sense of humor and observations won over the crowd.  MCC put on a great near 2 hour set filled with 9 songs from her current album along with a variety of hits from her lengthy career pleasing both old and new fans.

Set List
---
Chasing What's Already Gone
I Tried Going West
Transendental Reunion
Shut Up and Kiss Me
Passionate Kisses
The Way I Feel
What to Keep and What  to Throw Away
Learning the World
Another Home
Halley Came to Jackson
He Thinks He'll Keep Her
Down at the Twist and Shout
Girls with Guitars
Stones in the Road
New Years Day
Soul Companion
--Encores:
I Feel Lucky
The Hard Way
Jericho
Don't Need Much To Be Happy

Comments

Popular Posts