Cool President's Day Weekend Find!

Let me preface this with saying I'm not the biggest fan of FYE, but since there aren't too many mom and pop music shops left anymore, I do love to browse through FYE-especially their used CDs- to find some interesting things to add to my collection. 

I got an email saying they were having 50% off their used CDs for President's Day weekend...so I ended up hitting 3 of the ones in my area and I ended up getting some fun finds at each one.  The highlight though was this 10 CD Motown box set housed in a replica of the studio along with a 90 page booklet.  It was $115 at FYE and I knew it would be a steal at the half off price...but did I want to invest that much into it?  I got out my phone, hopped on Amazon and saw it's out of print and the cheapest price it was going for is $276...needless to say, I picked it up and with my 'Backstage Pass' card, I got it for around $54...WOW!  I love it!  I know most of the recordings and have quite a few of them, but the packaging is worth the price alone.  A great collectible if anyone can find it at a reasonable price! 


Comments

Popular Posts