Gaither Vocal Band Lancaster, PA April 20, 2013 (7:30 show)




Hey Everyone!

For Christmas I got my mom tickets to see Gaither Vocal Band at the American Music Theater in Lancaster, PA.  It's not far from my house and if I'm not mistaken, this is the 3rd year they've played there.  My mom is a big fan of the Gaither Homecoming series, so I always try and get her tickets to see a "Homecoming" show or one of Bill's Vocal Band concerts.  We've been going just about every year since 2004 I believe.  This was the 3rd of 4 shows they were doing and the one I was able to get the best seats for.


Even though the Gaither Vocal Band isn't my kind of music exactly, it was still a great show.  The group consists of Bill Gaither, Mark Lowry, David Phelps, Michael English and Wes Hampton.  They performed for about 2 1/2 hours with a 15 intermission.  It seems like this show was more group oriented than past shows.  Before they had solos and for this one it seemed they performed together more.  Also, Gene McDonald of The Florida Boys came out towards the end of the show to join in on a few songs. 

On a side note here, Mark broke his femur which explains the scooter...and the crutches.


Comments

Popular Posts