A concert update and a personal note...

Hey Everyone,


I hope you all had a great 4th of July celebration.  It's been a busy week for me.  Monday I was in DC at the 9:30 Club to see The Scissor Sisters...OMG!  It was such an incredible experience!  Tuesday I was in Hershey at the Star Pavilion to see Stevie Nicks.  It was the 3rd time for me seeing her solo (I've also seen her with Fleetwood Mac 3 times).  I plan on writing reviews for them hopefully sometime later this week.  I also took a lot of photos which I'll be sharing as well.  




On a personal note though, I wanted to share with everyone that on Sunday morning a friend of mine, Ric Lada, from Florida passed away.  We met on a Cher message board a few years ago and we'd send each other Cher stuff (when he went to her last show on her Farewell Tour, he sent me a shirt and a program among other cool things).  We lost touch, but over a year and a half ago we found each other again on a Cher message board.  We traded shows and he sent me great things from her Vegas show including a tour book, key chain, magnets, etc.  He was so incredibly nice.  We'd text each other all the time and I could always talk to him about anything.  He loved that I went to so many shows and always was a big supporter of my passion for music.  

We just texted this past Saturday and Sunday evening I saw his partner posted on FB that Ric had passed away over night.  It was a complete and total shock to everyone.  I didn't sleep great Sunday night.  Monday morning rolled around and I was heading to DC to see The Scissor Sisters.  I'm so used to texting him, I was on the bus and had my phone and had a text all ready to be sent when it hit me he'd never get.  It was a bit of a heavy day, but I made the most of it and I was so glad I met some incredibly nice people at the show that helped me have a great time.  Afterward on the ride home I went to text him again to tell him about the show and it hit me again that I can't do that anymore.  He was always so excited for me to tell him about who I was seeing, how the show was and after I'd see a show I'd text him and give him the rundown.  The same with on Tuesday after seeing Stevie Nicks, I wanted to text him and let him know all about it, but I couldn't.  At that show though, I met a fellow Stevie Nicks fan and it was nice to be able to chat and make a new friend.

 When I decided to start my blog up again, he was a big supporter of it and he'd read whatever I wrote.  It's so weird not having getting any messages from him.  It's definitely going to take some time to adjust and realize he's not there anymore.  My heart goes out to his partner of nearly 19 yrs in Florida, who I was able to talk to the other day for a bit.  I can only imagine what he's going through during this difficult time.  


So I just want to say a big thank you to all my friends, my new friends I met this week also a BIG THANK YOU to Ric for being in my life and being a great friend and also a supporter of mine.  I always told him how much I appreciated it and I just hope he really knew how much it meant.

Comments

Popular Posts